Updated: Aug 2, 2021
This mouth-watering visual dish is one of the favorite school lunch menus in Toyota city. The crisp texture of lotus root followed by the umami flavor of soybean miso makes you smile with one mouthful chew. Throw some rice into the sauce if there is any sauce left once you finished the noodle for extra filling.
Ingredients (4 servings)
Raw Chinese noodles 4 servings
Minced pork 150~200g
Dried Shitake 5ea
Lotus root 150g
Beans sprouts 200g
Spring onion 1/2 stalk
Sesame oil 1tbsp
Miso sauce ingredients
Soybean miso 3tbsp
Chicken soup 200ml (chicken soup stock + hot water)
Say sauce 3tbsp
Cooking sake 3tbsp
Chinese Chili Bean Sauce 1tbsp
Sock the shitake into the water for 5~6hours
Coarsely chop the shitake and the lotus root, and mice the spring onion and garlic
Mix the starch with water in a 1:2 ratio
How to make
1. Heat the frying pan with the sesame oil and add Chinese chili bean sauce and garlic.
2. Add the minced pork when the scent comes out.
3. Add the lotus root when the minced pork is cooked.
4. When the oil penetrates the ingredients evenly, add the spring onion, miso, cooking sake, and chicken soup.
5. Melt the miso well, then add the left ingredients. (soy sauce, sugar, shitake, beans sprouts)
6. When it comes to simmering, pour the starch water and mix well, then sprinkle the sesame oil.
7. Boil the noodle and drain the water.
★Tip : Lightly sprinkle with sesame oil to make it easier to serve without sticking
8. Place the noodle on the plate and pour the sauce.
Julienned cucumber and white onion